Wednesday 16 February 2011

Iphone/Ipad Giving error message : The Address given did not provide a valid App List

Using my Iphone and Ipad to connect through Access Gateway (on Netsclaer VPX 9.2)
I was getting the following error message.

"The Address given did not provide a valid App List"

I followed the instructions in this document to disable "Client Choices" in the citrix experience policy.
CTX126776

The error continued so then i checked the event log on my Web Interface server

and found these entries

Site path: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\Citrix\XenApp1.
The request from the browser running on the user device 192.168.1.70 cannot be processed because the User-Agent HTTP header, which provides platform information, is missing. [Unique Log ID: e31c8ec8]


This problem is detailed in CTX124858
The resolution in this document did not work for me. I could not add the special header parameters as the netscaler reported there were to many characters.
To workaround the issue i disabled the CITIRX-WEB-INTERFACE monitor on the Netscaler.

My Iphone and Ipad connection then worked all OK.

I then went back and re-enabled my CITRIX-WEB-INTERFACE monitor on the netscaler and the everything still works ok. So i think the fix was to disable Client options and then maybe restart the citrix reciever.

No comments:

Post a Comment